I debated even making a Month in Review post for December because let’s face it: December was kind of a bust for me. A combination of being sick + being hospitalized + Christmas + and if I’m honest, a little blogging burnout = posting a grand total of 9 times this month and only reading 3 books this month. This is probably the least amount of time I’ve spent on blogging in my two years of doing it but I’m still proud of what I accomplished. If anything, December taught me that I either need to figure out a better system of scheduling content in advance so that if I am under the weather the blog won’t suffer as well. Anyhoo, December has came and went and it’s time to say goodbye to the last month of 2014!
- [1 Dec] Easy Virtue by Mia Asher ★★★
- [4 Dec] Owning Violet by Monica Murphy ★★
- [23 Dec] Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven ★★★★★
- [29 Dec] The Pact by Karina Halle ★★★★½
Such a sad little list 🙁
Favorite December Release
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time.
Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks.
I have been fangirling over this book for the last two months! You can check out my interview with Leisa, as well as my 5 star review for here.
Stacking the Shelves: December
I haven’t made a StS post since November and I’ve had quite a few nice deliveries show up this month. I’m still debating if I’d like to continue doing StS or maybe do a summary in my Month in Review posts.
Big thanks to Bloomsbury Kids, St. Martin’s Press, Berkley Romance, Disney, and Gallery Books for the opportunity to read these titles!
Year in Review
I read 135 books in 2014.
I DNF’d 10 books.
I reviewed 85 books.
Pages read: 28,527
- Unsticky by Sarra Manning
- Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner #4) by Tiffany A. Snow
- Raw by Belle Aurora
- Awaken (Spiral of Bliss #3) by Nina Lane
- Behind His Eyes - Consequences (Consequences #1.5) by Aleatha Romig
- Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters, , #2.1, #2.1, #2.1) by Krista & Becca Ritchie
- Reaper's Legacy by Joanna Wylde
- Off the Record (Record #1) by K.A. Linde
- Misbehaving by Tiffany Reisz
- The Pairing (The Proposition #3) by Katie Ashley
- Fifty First Times: A New Adult Anthology by
- Donners of the Dead by Karina Halle
- Spin (Songs of Corruption #1) by CD Reiss
- Number Thirteen by Bella Jewel
- Star-Crossed by Luna Lacour
- Twisted (Tangled #2) by Emma Chase
- Hothouse Flower by Krista & Becca Ritchie
- Love, in English (LIE #1) by Karina Halle
- Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank
- Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes #1) by JM Darhower
- The Last Good Knight: Parts 1-5 (The Last Good Knight) by Tiffany Reisz
- Very Wicked Things (Briarcrest Academy #2) by Ilsa Madden-Mills
- The Witch of Belladonna Bay by Suzanne Palmieri
- Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) by Christina Hobbs, Lauren Billings
- Point of No Return (Kathleen Turner #5) by Tiffany A. Snow
- Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry
- Keep Me Closer (Dangerous Tides #2) by Rhyannon Byrd
- Devil's Game by Joanna Wylde
- Dirty Angels (Dirty Angels #1) by Karina Halle
- The Gamble (Colorado Mountain #1) by Kristen Ashley
- Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine #2) by Shay Savage
- Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy #1) by M. Pierce
- The Saint (Original Sinners #5, The White Years #1) by Tiffany Reisz
- After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Take (Temptation #2) by Ella Frank
- Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2) by Alice Clayton
- Neanderthal Marries Human: A Smarter Romance (Knitting in the City #1.5) by Penny Reid
- Tamed (Tangled #3) by Emma Chase
- No Attachments (Woodfalls Girls) by Tiffany King
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- Lead (Stage Dive #3) by Kylie Scott
- Six of Hearts (Hearts #1) by L.H. Cosway
- Dust to Dust (Experiment in Terror #9) by Karina Halle
- Virgin by Radhika Sanghani
- Rival (Fall Away #2) by Penelope Douglas
- Break The Sky by Nina Lane
- Turn on a Dime: Kade's Turn (Kathleen Turner #4.5) by Tiffany A. Snow
- I Want It That Way (2B Trilogy #1) by Ann Aguirre
- The Rosie Project (Don Tillman #1) by Graeme Simsion
- Black Lies by Alessandra Torre
- The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny #1) by Jeaniene Frost
- Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City #4) by Penny Reid
- Trial by Fire (The Worldwalker Trilogy #1) by Josephine Angelini
- I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent #1) by Barry Lyga
- Game (Jasper Dent #2) by Barry Lyga
- Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent #3) by Barry Lyga
- You: A Novel by Caroline Kepnes
- Torture To Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes #2) by JM Darhower
- Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward
- As Long As You Love Me (2B Trilogy #2) by Ann Aguirre
- Reaper's Stand by Joanna Wylde
- Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street #5) by Samantha Young
- Trust Me, I'm Lying (Trust Me, I'm Lying #1) by Mary Elizabeth Summer
- Ruin (Songs of Corruption #2) by CD Reiss
- Last Light (The Night Owl Trilogy #2) by M. Pierce
- Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles #1) by Kresley Cole
- Playing it Safe by Barbie Bohrman
- Killer Queen (Painted Faces #2) by L.H. Cosway
- Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles #2) by Kresley Cole
- Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) by Sara Raasch
- Caged in Winter (Caged in Winter #1) by Brighton Walsh
- Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons #2) by Christina Hobbs, Lauren Billings
- Made (Forever #0.4) by JM Darhower
- Love, in Spanish (Lie #2) by Karina Halle
- After The Rain by Renee Carlino
- The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1) by Marie Rutkoski
- Compulsion (The Heirs of Watson Island #1) by Martina Boone
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
- The King by Tiffany Reisz
- Captivated By You (Crossfire #4) by Sylvia Day
- Easy Virtue (Virtue #1) by Mia Asher
- Owning Violet (The Fowler Sisters #1) by Monica Murphy
- Bad Romeo (Starcrossed #1) by Leisa Rayven
- The Pact by Karina Halle
Favorites of 2014
There were so many amazing books that came out in 2014! I made a list and I’m giving away 3 ebooks from my list. Click the banner above to check it out!
- I want to read at least 200 books.
- I would like half of them to be print books.
- I would like to start reviewing audiobooks.
- Be more selective about what indie books I chose to read as the market is oversaturated.
- I hope to travel and meet some authors and fellow bloggers this year!
The first book I will read in 2015 will be….
A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES!
This new series by Sarah J. Maas, genius/sorcereress/author of Throne of Glass series, doesn’t come out until May but I want to start the year with a book I know I will more than likely love.
2015 Books I am eagerly anticipating
Let’s be honest, there are a LOT of books I am excited for, but the three above are ones I am counting down the days for.
What are some of your highlights of 2014? What books are you looking forward to in 2015?